About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are storytellers. We inform, inspire and unify all who live, shop + steward our portfolio of purpose-led, billion-dollar lifestyle brands. The Old Navy Communications team is responsible for driving an internal and external communications strategy to protect and grow brand reputation across all channels. As a part of this team, this role will focus on supporting Old Navy’s marketing organization, working closely with the brand’s CMO and marketing leaders to bring their work to life. This role will work across the full Communications team to collaborate on our external narrative and build meaningful relationships with media and stakeholders on behalf of Old Navy and drive communications plans against key initiatives for the brand. The role reports into the Senior Director of Communications for Old Navy and Customer Experience on the Gap Inc. Communications team.
What you'll do
- Create internal and external communications strategies for Old Navy’s Chief Marketing Officer and the Old Navy leadership team, collaborating closely with business partners from across the team.
- Support major meetings and internal events to bring the brand’s storytelling to life for employees within Old Navy and across Gap Inc. and engage them in the brand.
- Build and execute on 360 degree communication plans against Old Navy’s key initiatives, including size inclusivity and the Navyist loyalty program.
- Own relationships with key business and retail media to proactively place stories that support the Old Navy key initiatives and develop messaging to support interviews and speaking engagements.
- Identify high value speaking engagements for executives, liaising with event organizers to secure opportunities and create speaking points and presentations that deliver the right message to the audience.
- Collaborate across the Old Navy + Customer Experience communications team to provide counsel on external communication plans and provide support where needed.
- Be a flexible team player who can work across teams and time zones to drive results.
Who you are
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience with a proven track record in corporate and/or brand communications, in-house corporate communications experience ideal.
- Experience in media relations and leadership communications, with experience in retail or apparel a plus.
- Ability to own key media relationships across business and trade outlets, managing both proactive and reactive situations.
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail and proven track record of working in a cross-functional communications environment; Excellent written, verbal and advisory skills and understanding of and experience using traditional and digital communications tools.
- Demonstrated agility with juggling multiple projects under deadline, optimizing resources and self-prioritizing work; a successful candidate is highly collaborative, inclusive, creative and flexible.
- Demonstrable project management skills, including ability to manage several campaigns and initiatives/events at once, prioritize, work under tight deadlines and pressure and deliver results; Experience defining KPIs, managing reporting and showcasing data-driven results.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or related field a plus.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs