About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are storytellers. We inform, inspire and unify all who live, shop + steward our portfolio of purpose-led, billion-dollar lifestyle brands. The Old Navy Communications team is responsible for driving an internal and external communications strategy to protect and grow brand reputation across all channels. As a part of this team, this role will focus on supporting our internal and external communications for the brand. You will write stories that will appear on our intranet and employee newsletters, create content for the Inside Old Navy Instagram feed, manage reporting and results to showcase the team’s accomplishments, and support internal employee engagement events, including Town Halls. You’ll work across the full Communications team and collaborate on projects. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Communications for Old Navy.
What you'll do
- Manage Old Navy Communications inbox and any calendar taps/Zoom set up with AV.
- Write captions and manage content posting on the Inside Old Navy Instagram; write recap stories of internal events or company news for the employee audience.
- Support internal editorial processes including publishing stories on the company intranet and compiling our weekly Old Navy employee newsletter with images and language that capture the “fun” of the brand.
- Track metrics for communications channels and provide reports on the team’s results across multiple channels.
- Support the development of presentations for executives and team members.
- Ongoing management of media materials: media list, messaging documents, briefing documents and reporting.
- Cover shifts to monitor the company’s press box and work with the appropriate team members to respond to inquiries as needed.
Who you are
- 1-2 years experience in a communications-related role.
- Attention to detail with strong writing and editing skills, with knowledge of AP Style.
- Highly collaborative and able to manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite a must, experience with Adobe Photoshop, Mailchimp and Adobe AEM a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or related field a plus.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs