Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Manager of Omni Merchandise Planning is responsible for partnering with the cross functional team and leading a team of merchandise planners and analysts on the development, communication, and execution of the financial and product strategy including sales, margin and inventory from department to class. The Manager is responsible for the divisional business end-to-end, from Pre-season strategies all the way through to In-season OTB management, and pricing.
What you'll do
Develops the tops down product strategies and financial plan inclusive of sales, margin and inventory from division to department; Manage the reconciliation of department plans and bottoms-up sku level investments
Collaborate with the buying, field, marketing, and Company Planning team to develop and communicate a comprehensive pre-season strategy that aligns financial and product opportunities across multiple departments, inclusive of style/sku targets, in store dates, good/better/best framework, key attribute, and season code (time on offer).
Drive in-season business discussions and actions/decisions for departments(s), including pricing strategies and demand driven buying
Develop and communicate department financial and product strategies across channels, in alignment with division objectives
Responsible for delivering a flexible and responsive approach to inventory management inclusive of Test and Respond, Rapid Response and Open to buy.
Drive profitability through leading and executing promotional and markdown strategies which align with divisional and brand financial goals
Validate and present department financial forecast and strategies in OTB process.
Coach and train planners to identify key learnings and develop future strategies; Lead team priorities and initiatives, organize tasks, monitor workflow, and remove roadblocks to support team in meeting deadlines
Support career development and skill development of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention and future talent development
Create a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
Who you are
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable recommendations to Drive for Results
- Keep Customer Focus in mind when making decisions
- Talent Builder: Ability to hire, train, develop, and motivate direct reports
- Collaboration & Influencing: Ability to build constructive relationships with a broad range of business partners; can present ideas and direction that lead others to action
- Minimum 5-6 years inventory management experience
- Four-year college degree or equivalent required
- Ability to travel
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs