About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a team member of the Plan-Price-Allocate organization, we’re looking for a Software Engineer who has the capability to lead a DevOps product team through the requirements gathering, design, development, deployment, and support phases of a product. This role will design highly scalable and high-performing technology solutions in an Agile work environment and produce and deliver code and/or test cases using Agile practices. This individual will work closely with business support teams and product managers to assist in resolving critical production issues and improve business processes through the latest in technology and automation.
This individual will need to stay current on the latest in technology and methodology in the market and be able to perform proof of concepts to better understand how they fit into the Gap landscape and to apply usefulness and effectiveness to the organization upon adoption. The role is responsible for technical and architecture implementation against the agreed scope and quality of the end product delivered. The key business partners that work closely with this team member are the Product Architect, Technical Manager, Product Manager and Scrum Master in order to balance product architecture and to meet the delivery timeline.
What you'll do
- Partner with product management, technical management, and architecture in the design of software products.
- Write well-written, self-documenting code that follows best practices and design patterns.
- Design, implement and launch highly-visible features for our Global Supply Chain platform.
- Partner with like-minded engineers in empowered and self-organized product teams.
- Lead, follow and teach others during the development of software.
- Practice relentless automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Develop, test, deploy, and support software in the Azure cloud that supports business needs.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience and 5+ years professional software development experience
- Proficient in Azure analysis services / SQL server analysis services and coding in MDX / DAX
- Proficient in SQL server or Azure SQL database or Synapse analytics
- Proficient in Advanced SQLs, SQL Procedures and data modeling
- Experience in data visualization tools like Power BI
- Working Knowledge on Azure or AWS Cloud Environment and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Codefresh. Knowledge of ETL processes using PySpark is a plus
- Hands-on experience in the DevOps model, production support and Agile methodologies as well as understanding the concepts Test-Driven Development and Business-Driven Development
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs