About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
A role of Facility Director in a Gap Inc. distribution or fulfillment center will have you managing the overall process for assigned distribution center(s) while ensuring that service, cost and people metrics are being met. Provides guidance for efficient process methods to include resources and coordination of departments, while ensuring effective communication and guidance at all levels for objectives. Manages and drives overall performance of direct reports through leadership and development. Establish and maintain partnership with brand representatives, as well as other business partners to ensure that customer service goals are met. Creates and sustains a positive work environment in which management team drives results and associates feel valued.
What you'll do
- Develops direct reports to ensure succession plans are in place for the organization.
- Ensures supervisor development includes technical and soft skills to support creating a work environment in which associates feel valued.
- Provides strategic direction to direct reports on establishing, planning and implementation of employee engagement programs required to foster a culture of teamwork and continuous performance improvement, which impacts all aspects of functional and business results.
- Leverages Maintenance, Finance, Transportation, Engineering, HR, and Inventory Control resources to necessary operations to optimize DC performance.
- Implement Strategic Initiatives that focus on meeting changing business needs.
- Directs management team to establish priorities for the DC work force and ensure proper execution.
Who you are
- Minimum 7 years management experience required, Distribution management preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems, logistics and forecasting.
- Strong leadership and motivational ability.
- Skilled at creating and maintaining functional and cross-functional partnerships and teams.
- Ability to develop and manage operating and capital budgets.
- Experience with development and management of variable budgets; familiar with basic accounting principles.
- Proven ability to develop and retain management staff.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs