About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn quickly, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
The Data and Analytics organization is chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decision making and customer obsession across Gap Inc’s family of dynamic brands. The Customer & Marketing Sciences team is a critical component of the Data and Analytics organization at Gap Inc. As an integral member of the team, your efforts will empower marketing teams to make informed decisions that improve the effectiveness of the marketing portfolio, enable marketing investments that influence pivotal growth strategies, enhancing the experiences of millions of customers across the world for our Gap Inc. Brands.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with internal and external marketing partners to interpret marketing mix performance.
- Translate into high-impact recommendations and investment decisions across the full suite of paid marketing to top-level executives in finance and the brand.
- Make progress on the roadmap driving marketing effectiveness maturity that involves both modeled and test-based inputs to optimize marketing budgets.
- Guide budget scenario-building exercises with media and finance teams to align marketing mix and optimize to brand goals.
- Embrace the complexity in the customer journey from awareness through conversion. Engage creatively using visualizations to tell the story that methods reveal. Offer recommendations that lead to an actionable change in the marketing mix and optimize efficient returns.
- Exercise and mature analytic frameworks that connect marketing activities to key business metrics, such as the cost of incremental acquisition and sales.
- Drive the development of new reports and enhancements to existing marketing dashboards to track marketing performance. Refine ad hoc requests, by applying sound analytic thought partnership, unlocking new insights.
- Support plans to test media (including outlining test design and structure) to further substantiate the true incremental contribution of marketing efforts.
- Actively contribute to the launch of new marketing partnerships that serve to optimize, better track and report the performance of applied marketing. ex: resolve offline measurement, media’s contribution to brand awareness.
- Stay informed about, communicate, and apply new or current trends and best practices in digital marketing and analytics. Show curiosity by researching appropriate technologies to advance practices.
Who you are
- Experienced with applying outcomes from modeled marketing measurement (MMM,MTA) into a business environment.
- Exposed to testing marketing audiences, protocols, creative treatments in a partnered environment.
- Partners with agencies, and platform providers (Salesforce, Google, Facebook) to deliver marketing reporting and insights.
- Familiarity with site tracking tools, tag management and marketing performance reporting platforms. (such as Adobe, GA, Google Ads, FBM, Liveramp, Tealium, SFMC)
- Understanding for customer lifetime value (LTV) and segmentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative, technical, or social science field required. MS degree strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience a marketing analytics role, preferably in a multi-channel B2C industry
- SQL proficiency preferred. R or Python a plus
- Experienced with data visualizations, business intelligence tools preferred. Ex: Tableau, PBI.
- Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal skills
- A curious, life-long learner, self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs