About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Senior Manager for Strategic Sourcing Center of Excellence (CoE) will be key in driving, developing, and delivering on key goals and objectives across our Strategic Sourcing pillars; Business Partnership and Category Maturity, Market Intelligence, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Sourcing Capabilities, CLM Toolset, and Talent Management. This role is instrumental in unlocking and enabling sourcing solutions that will deliver on value beyond savings. The Senior Manager will collaborate with internal/external Business Partners, and leverage market expertise to drive discipline across key business processes, promote best practices, and lead ongoing programs of work that will drive the Sourcing organization to best in class. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for identifying new opportunities for accelerating the value contribution of the Sourcing organization through governance, process improvement, development of strong and effective partnerships, and collaboration. Ultimately, this role is instrumental in developing, influencing and delivering global solutions of best in class sourcing capabilities to our Strategic Sourcing partners (i.e. best practices, research, training, technology etc.). Finally, the Senior Manager will own the external co-sourcing relationship that supports cross category initiatives including Tailspend Management.
What you'll do
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships: Successfully partner across varied functions and levels with senior internal stakeholders, external suppliers, and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- External Focus: Maintain consistent pulse on Sourcing best practices; leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark these best practices
- Act as a change agent to drive our Strategic Sourcing organization towards Best in Class. Owns critical work in evolving sourcing tools (CLM), process (Source to Pay), co-sourcing initiatives, and sourcing capabilities (supplier relationship management)
- Leverage strong influencing skills to define CoE’s role and align objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leadership, including maintain alignment and buy-in throughout engagements
- Lead teams to achieve defined performance targets; hold Strategic Sourcing Leaders and Category Managers accountable for the aligned upon objectives/goals. Implement course corrections/pivots as needed.
- Prioritize initiatives considering the pipeline in its entirety and ensure the pipeline progresses with a sense of urgency, while managing coordination and alignment of the many initiatives in flight within the procurement organization
- Support Strategic Sourcing Leadership on the 5 yr. Strategic Sourcing Roadmap in a way that ensures maximum planning and alignment for all new and existing programs launched
Who you are
- Experience + Education: 7 + years professional experience in management consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain. Advanced degree preferred
- Business Acumen: Process Improvement expertise (Six Sigma a plus), Project Management across varied functional groups and levels
- Strategic Orientation: experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to influence and drive strategic impact across a portfolio of Sourcing practices. Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamic business environment
- Building Relationships: Ability to build bridges where silos may exist. Experience leading a team and/or complex project to drive short and long-term results through strategy, leveraging in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of an organization
- Personal Leadership: demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and lead others to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team
- Change Leadership: experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs