About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Customer Experience Communications team is responsible for driving internal and external communications across Gap Inc.’s e-commerce, omni, stores and operations for Gap Inc. and its brands. As part of this team, this role would be responsible for enterprise-wide communications activities focused on internal and external communications for the Operations team, which includes supply chain, global and strategic sourcing, product operations, store strategy and operations, real estate, store development and facilities functions across the brand portfolio. In addition, this role would support the larger Customer Experience team with other activities including external strategy, global all employee meetings and key initiatives. The role reports into the Director of Customer Experience on the Gap Inc. Communications team.
What you'll do
- Create internal and external communications strategies for our Chief Operating Officer and the leadership team, collaborating closely with business partners from across the team.
- Lead strategy and planning for major meetings and events to ensure a balanced and dynamic approach to reaching employees and consistency across audiences around the globe, partnering closely with our Sourcing teams in Asia, as well our Distribution Center and HQ teams.
- Leverage key executives and employees to speak on behalf of the company in support of strategic business and culture initiatives, and own key media relationships for relevant business, trade and industry storytelling.
- Protect the company’s reputation by working closely with the rest of Gap Inc. Corporate Communications, and key stakeholders to lead crisis communications for our stores and supply chain.
- Create compelling communications including videos, presentations, stories, etc. to bring Gap Inc.’s business, culture and talent to life across channels.
- Be a flexible team player, excellent at working across teams and time zones to drive results.
Who you are
- At least 8 years’ proven track record in corporate and/ or brand communications, inclusive of external and internal communications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or related field
- Experience in the operations, supply chain or retail sectors, and managing crisis communications
- Ability to simplify complex technical information, and get to the heart of what people need to know and actions they need to take
- Passionate about brainstorming innovative ideas that take into consideration target audiences, company strategies and shifts in the economy as well as industry trends and the influences
- Demonstrable project management skills, including ability to manage several campaigns and initiatives/events at once, prioritize, work under tight deadlines and pressure and deliver for multiple executives in various time zones and budget management
- Excellent written, verbal and advisory skills and understanding of and experience using traditional and digital communications tools
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs