About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
What you'll do
- Create world-class on-trend Print & Pattern designs that support Old Navy design concepts.
- Actively pursues details about the marketplace and customers.
- Identifies seasonal trends, presents print trend direction and synthesizes relevant inspiration that speaks to over-arching aesthetic trends and customer satisfaction.
- Points out the need for change and actively engages in the development of the print story and seasonal direction and presents trends to cross-functional teams and senior leadership, including CAD ideas.
- Works to make things better and ensures the print is consistent with market trends, business strategy and cost parameters.
- Analyzes areas in need for innovations and exhibits expert knowledge while working with others to create patterns and prints for each season to ensure brand cohesion.
- Encourages a culture of creativity, productive thinking and collaboration within the wider design team
- Accountable for process improvement, growing business and seeking opportunities to positively impact Old Navy and the customer
- Maintains plotter printers; works closely with outside vendors/engineers to address technical issues as they arise; performs departmental maintenance (e.g., daily upkeep of prints, ordering supplies (as needed).
- Seasonal travel for research and/or product development is required - frequency TBD.
- Ability to lead a team of Designers at various levels and guide their work; manage seasonal/freelance staff by providing workload, evaluation and feedback.
Who you are
- College degree in Fashion Design, Textiles or a related field.
- In depth knowledge of CAD systems, NED, Adobe PS, Adobe AI software/printers.
- General expertise of print and textile designs, color matching and creating of colorways
- General working knowledge of UNIX
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of Designers (i.e. career development, performance management).
- Awareness of product development from conceptualization to finished design for textiles
- 5 - 7 years design/computer aid experience
- Ability to set overall creative tone and lead creative design process.
- Excellent sense of style and color
- Ability to establish good relationships with business partners and department staff
- Ability to identify key trends and determine how they appropriately relate to the brand and customer
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs