About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
What you'll do
- The Individual will drive the development of newness and innovation for denim wash across all divisions.
- The individual will understand big picture strategy and alignment needs across family denim that support the Brand.
- Responsible for bringing new and vetted ideas to the table each season while also conducting seasonless, continual research and development.
- Partner with design for seasonal direction, identifying repeat qualities and new developments.
- Individual will develop seasonal design requests with appropriate vendors and in line with the brand pricing architecture.
- Individual will collaborate with members of the fabric R&D team to assist in building and supporting the creation of seasonal trend.
- Partner with PD and Sourcing team for sourcing direction.
- Identify opportunities for competitive sourcing or where wash technology can be utilized to advantage.
- Own research and development of all denim wash until complete and approved by Design.
- Shop all appropriate trade shows, mill weeks and make selections utilizing appropriate brand filters and costing guardrails.
- Own all counter development of wash with the input/advice of PD/Sourcing.
- Own the organization of wash library and maintain R&D ongoing development.
- Review price/value/AUC targets for all programs and align with PD and Sourcing.
- Identify potential production, quality and costing issues, and make recommendations to mitigate risk
- Ensure product integrity by partnering with R&D on the testing of all fabrics prior to placement needs to ensure performance and safety.
- Challenge business partners when appropriate to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency
- Ability to travel to our vendors overseas and develop with them directly
Who you are
- Technical expert in denim and non-denim wash methods required.
- Expertise in laundry technologies and associated platforms.
- Expertise in raw materials.
- Track processes and monitor development and production deadlines
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus across multiple functions.
- Working knowledge and understanding of production.
- Proven ability to work closely and partner effectively with designers.
- Vendor relationships.
- Proven strong management skills.
- Understanding of testing protocol, product integrity requirements, product cycle timeline and garment construction.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel, PLM.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in apparel industry.
- Ability to travel throughout U.S. and internationally as needed.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs