About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc’s central digital function helps to run one of the largest eCommerce sites in the world. Complementing the merchandising and management functions in our beloved brands, the digital organization is an expert in operating and optimizing the enormous, critical digital presence. Our teams collaborate across the organization – driving growth in our digital channels, leading experimentation and innovation – and are amongst the most digitally savvy in the company.
Ecommerce has been a huge growth driver for Gap Inc – and this has accelerated through the COVID pandemic. We operate our proprietary platform, blended with best-in-class partners and solutions. Our traffic is highly mobile, we have great and growing native mobile apps and are pursuing a highly advanced and ambitious personalization agenda.
What you'll do
- Drive the results of a global top-20, $6B+, leading eCommerce site – by analyzing site commercial performance, identifying & executing opportunities for improvement
- Build a new function – recruiting, mentoring and developing a team of 3-5 analysts, defining the operating cadence and process
- Define the reporting and insights products required to run the business – providing input & guidance to product management and engineering colleagues
- For those with interest and relevant background this position can expand to include contributing to digital strategy for the organization – based on performance insights, competitive analysis and strategy development /storytelling
Who you are
- You have the ability to thoroughly analyze site performance; you have experience assessing the drivers of eCommerce results holistically – identifying opportunities in the funnel, traffic composition, device performance, customer response and commercial execution
- You are truth-seeking and data-centric – with experience in site analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, and an ability to quantify & prioritize business opportunities
- You can build a team – you will recruit, hire and develop a team of business & eCommerce analysts; leadership experience of 3-6+ person teams preferred
- You have a track record of building strong, productive working relationships with peers – you’ll collaborate with brand general managers to help assess site performance and provide recommendations
- You can communicate with clarity – synthesizing complexity, presenting clear recommendations and bringing forth insights
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs