About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Project Manager of Compliance Operations partners with various HQ and Field teams to provide resources and materials to execute strategies and initiatives that impact compliance within the Brand’s North America fleet. This role will be responsible to create the conditions of success for stores to operate successfully, with a focus on supporting a safe working and shopping environment for customers and employees. This project manager ensures a strong and consistent operational environment in our stores through organization, efficiency, customer focus and profitability. This role is responsible for supporting stores’ ability to conduct business in compliance with our company processes and policies by focusing on engaging educational tools, resources, program maintenance and coordination of HQ support. They will partner with departments throughout the organization to drive compliance standards through the customer and employee experience while also evaluating profitability and productivity through data analysis.
What you'll do
- Develop and Influence Loss Prevention, Internal Audit, Risk Management, and Business Continuity Planning initiatives to ensure flawless execution through effective communication, details and timing to stores.
- Manage and Maintain Policies and Procedures and communicate updates to Store Operations, HQ Business Partners and Field Leaders.
- Coordinate store physical inventory count scheduling process across field and HQ teams.
- Analyzes opportunities, drives results and measures the success of initiatives in the store environment.
- Collaborate with Field and HQ teams to determine opportunities for process improvement and propose solutions within the brand store environment.
- Responsible for all store communication associated with compliance operations work centers.
- Maintains working global knowledge of competitor practices; provides benchmarking and key insights.
Who you are
- Problem Solving – articulates successful response to challenging situations utilizing available knowledge while considering alternative solutions.
- Customer Impact – identifies opportunities within the store environment and offers solutions to improve the overall customer experience.
- Self-Accountability – embraces challenges; sets specific and measurable performance objectives and strives to always meet or exceed the performance standard.
- Detail Orientated – demonstrates attention to detail in the creation of processes and monitors implementation to ensure proper execution.
- Time Management – demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize and adapt appropriately.
- Retail Stores experience preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs