About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Consumer Insights function at Gap Inc. is critical in driving customer centricity and ensuring the success and relevance of our businesses. Through rigorous analyses, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop a customer-focused strategic direction for our company. The Insights team reports to the Head of Data and Analytics and into the Chief Digital & Technology Officer and provides strategic support to our CEO and Brand and Functional Leadership Teams.
As a Director, you will play a critical role in driving strategic consumer insights programs and projects that support Old Navy brands’ priorities, growth, and long-range plans. This is a leadership role, managing a small insights team at Old Navy focused on delivering insights and influencing strategic initiatives for our brand partners. You will envision and create learning agendas to address the dynamic needs of the business and instill customer-centricity within the brand teams. You will organize and galvanize cross-functional teams to embed insights into day to day work as well as tackling big challenges/ ideas.
What you'll do
- Envision, create and execute consumer learning agendas to address the dynamic needs of Old Navy
- Deeply embedded in the organization – building trust and networks with both the Old Navy org as well as Gap Inc Consumer Insights teams to enable success in a relationship based org
- Deliver compelling presentations with Business Partners/Senior Stakeholders driving clear understanding, empathy and accountability
- Collaborate across data and analytics team and other key functions to enhance insights and create a holistic view of the customer
- Manage a team of individual contributors, developing and unlocking their talent to enable team success
Who you are
- 10+ years professional experience in Marketing Research, Consumer Insights, and/ or Strategy/Strategic Management consulting
- 3+ years experience managing others
- Proven track record of delivering on objectives – from structuring work, people and interdependences; prioritizing; executing under tight timeframes and presenting and influencing outcomes based on learnings
- Ability and willingness to speak up and defend the consumer POV while successfully building productive working relationships with colleagues
- Proven record of delivering consumer-led business outcomes
- A natural curiosity -- always asking the next question and seeking to understand at the nuanced level to spark a new idea.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs