About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Associate Designer Boys Print & Pattern is part of the broader Old Navy Print & Pattern Design Team, with a focus & emphasis on Boys print development and direction.
What you'll do
- Participates in research and conceptual development of seasonal print direction, as well as gather relevant inspiration outside of apparel that speaks to over-arching aesthetic trends.
- Responsible for design and creation of artwork - painting, digital etc., as well as cleaning of purchased artworks.
- Assists in ensuring that artwork and print direction is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; drives opportunity for newness and innovation.
- Presents to team at milestone meetings.
- Collaborates with Concept and Apparel Design teams for colorways of prints. Communicates and recommends revisions when needed.
- Manages their own records each season.
- Create and maintain seasonal color palettes.
- Assist in building presentation boards and materials.
- Reviews production submits in partnership with cross-functional team – ensures aesthetic and execution hold up to aligned standard.
- 50% concept & design / 50% production & tactical.
Who you are
- College degree in Textile/Fashion Design, Graphic Design or related field.
- 2-4 years design experience, preferably in apparel or accessories.
- Knowledge of textiles (e.g. printing techniques, weaves, etc).
- Strong computer skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, NED Graphics).
- Strong hand skills (Illustration, painting, drawing).
- Strong time management, interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent design and color sense.
- Solid understanding of design process.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs