About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
As a member of the Banana Republic leadership team, the General Manager is responsible for creating the conditions for success in all aspects of the store’s business, including: sourcing, selecting and developing all team members; executing store strategy to deliver annual field priorities; and achieving key business goals. The General Manager shares the vision for the store, communicating in a way that each employee is clear on their contribution to the store’s success.
What you'll do
- Business Results: Consistently inspires team to achieve results and perform at a high level. Knows the competition and market trends to positively impact business. Drives productivity of the team. Monitors labor to maximize productivity, optimize traffic and achieve sales goals. Leads implementation of product placement, marketing and promotional strategies. Creates strategies and processes that deliver results.
- Customer Centric: Exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers. Establishes effective relationships to build brand loyalty. Fosters a healthy and productive environment where employees can maximize their potential. Ensures the team executes operational excellence through a customer centric mindset.
- Ambassador: Represents the brand, understands the competitors and drives excellent tenant and community relationships. Promotes store involvement with our Community in Action programs. Upholds high quality store experiences for the internal and external customer. Builds effective cross brand and store center partnerships.
- Builds Highly Productive Teams: Sources, selects and develops high potential talent, effectively assessing for skill and cultural fit. Accountable for team performance through, coaching and feedback. Teaches and trains leaders to build skill.
- Passionate: Knowledgeable and passionate about Banana Republic, our customer and our product.
- Accountable: Holds team and self-accountable to all Gap Inc. standards of performance. Leads efforts to reduce in store shrink activity through education and awareness. Ensures compliance to all Federal, Provincial, State and Gap Inc. employment requirements.
Who you are
3-5 years of retail management experience
Demonstrated ability to deliver results
Basic business acumen skills
Established time management skills
Strong planning and prioritization skills
College Degree preferred
Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stockroom and office
Travel between stores and outside the state/province, if necessary
Open availability to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs