About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Assistant Manager, Product development role is an entry level position designed to be a flexible and dynamic resource utilized to assist the Product development team in the entire product life cycle.This role also works closely with our CFT partners ( Design, Tech, Merch, PM ) in order to ensure product is approved for production and assists in following up on any production issues. This position provides an opportunity to gain foundational knowledge on our brand and production organization in order to seamlessly pursue career opportunities in one of production’s various teams.
• Develop an understanding of our product to market calendar and the role production plays throughout each phase
• Support teams with accurate data entry into our product lifecycle management system (PLM), ( PETE / GA) and help maintain/ organize sample management per season.
• Assist with development and Production sample Approval Process and entering in comments into Smart Sheets.
• Work closely w/sourcing partners, design team and communicate comments on in-season submits to ensure design aesthetic maintained and delivery kept. Assist in tracking and shipping wash samples / submits .
• Responsible for building and maintaining smart sheet files throughout season to communicate to GIS partners.
Financial Management & Reporting:
• Partner with production management team / PD to help resolve open FLAG issues on Weekly basis.
• Assist in development and/or final costing accuracy in brand order management system ( GA)
• Collaborate with Denim PD team on any reporting needed to capture seasonal metrics.
• Build strong relationships with global production team partners, mentors and peers
• Take advantage of available educational training and professional development opportunities offered (LinkedIn Learning, Business Bootcamp and internal Retail Academy classes)
• Actively participate in discussions for department, division or brand initiatives
• Understand roles and responsibilities of cross-functional business partners
Who you are
• 1-year work experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
• Knowledge of production cycle timeline and basic retail math skills
• An analytical, thoughtful and methodical thinker
• Illustrates a strong work ethic and shows initiative
• Effectively communicates in written and verbal form
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook & Teams
• Demonstrates an aptitude with learning and excelling in new systems or tools (PLM, Smartsheet, Internal Tools)
• Goal orientated; can fulfill and complete tasks on time with precision
• Able to work as a member of a team
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Creative and/or innovative problem-solving skills
• Solicits feedback and has a desire for self-development
• Adaptable to change and can overcome roadblocks to deliver results
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs