About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Senior Analyst will support planning and forecasting processes, development of annual budgets, monthly forecast submission and comparisons. Senior Analyst will be responsible for tops-down sales, margin and inventory forecasts as well as the financial analysis of commercial plan strategies. The position will work collaboratively with business partners across the organization to drive decisions aimed at maximizing sales and profitability.
• Recap and analyze business results versus plan and forecast on a daily/monthly/quarterly and ad-hoc basis
• Develop detailed annual plans (sales, margin, and inventory) that support the brand's business strategy
• Develop sales, margin, and inventory forecasts and submit monthly to Corporate
• Partner with Inventory Management to ensure merchandise plans/forecasts aligneconcile with the total company's plan/forecasts
• Build ad-hoc projections and provide decision support to brand leadership on events and promotions
• Support the financial evaluation of any new business opportunities
• Partner with cross-functional team to develop Commercial Planning strategies that include primary message discounting and utilizing other promotional marketing levers to drive sales and margin
Who you are
• Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
• Self-driven curiosity and ability to problem solve independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to identify trends and irregularities in data
• Proven ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships and influence others
• Ability to synthesize business performance into key highlights, root cause analysis and action plans
• Able to lead influential conversations with executive management and to articulate financial concepts to business partners outside of finance in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects (including ad hoc requests) with tight timelines
• Strong technical aptitude, including advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and the ability to quickly master new applications and system
• Microstrategy and/or Essbase experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
• 3-5 years of financial planning, forecasting and analysis experience required
• Inventory management and/or retail planning experience strongly preferred
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs