About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The e-commerce site architect is a critical role accountable for the architecture of all-new capabilities for our multi-channel, customer-facing technology platform.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with your Product Management, Engineering and Technical Program Management peers to build the technology roadmap for the e-commerce platform, across of all Gap Inc.’s brands and markets.
In addition, you will institute the right processes and practices to ensure the high availability of all your applications and services at scale, while leading your team’s technical roadmap in the Cloud.
You will be responsible for our e-commerce platform across all our brands, across multiple geographies, showcasing our products to millions of customers worldwide, making it fast, intuitive and rewarding to shop online!
The role reports to the Site and Digital architect in GapTech. This is both a technical and people management role.
What you'll do
- Lead the e-commerce site architecture team
- Integrate technology products and solutions with existing eCommerce, customer experience and enterprise technology
- Align the site stack with our data platform & data science initiatives
- Ensure data security commitments are met, including securing public APIs
- Design and oversee solutions that provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be extended and reused across the portfolio
Who you are
- Experience with one or multiple components of the e-commerce site technology stack – UI/UX, bag, checkout, order services, content management system integration, publishing, marketplace integration etc.
- Knowledge of modern enterprise integration patterns (e.g. Publish/Subscribe, API-first, microservices)
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS & SaaS-based setup and integrations.
- Knowledge of the initiatives under the cloud-native foundation.
- Hands-on, technical experience with data and digital analytics
- Prior experience implementing 3rd party & custom site solutions in an eCommerce/B2C company is highly desirable
- Experience with two or more of Java, SQL, NodeJS, ReactJS
- 8+ years of active engineering and/or architecture experience in a complex environment with people management responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs