About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Director of Transportation for NA Store Parcel & Delivery Services is responsible to lead a direct internal team and manage a network of over 60 third party Logistic services providers to execute retail merchandise and non-merchandise deliveries to our North American network of over 2,500 Gap Inc. stores. This leader, a member of the Global Transportation Leadership Team (reporting to the Senior Director - Outbound Transportation) will directly lead and oversee the multi-year transformation of our Store Delivery network and re-define our service profile. In addition to merchandise shipments of all Gap Inc. brands throughout North America, this leader will also oversee the execution of our omni-channel ship from store fulfillment processes as executed through third party parcel carriers. Also a part of this critical function is the shipment execution of non-merchandise parcel shipments and special projects. This leader will maintain executive level engagement across our robust network of third party carriers in both Pool and Parcel Operations. Internally, this leader will partner directly with Store Operations, S&OP, Loss Prevention and throughout Transportation to support the development of our brand driven and customer-focused retail operations strategies.
What you'll do
- Build and maintain a robust and extensive third party network of leveraged strategic providers to execute against our brand vision and service level agreements. This includes close internal partnership with Strategic Sourcing partners to maintain current and roust contingency strategies throughout our North American network. This leader will directly oversee the multi year transformation of our Store Delivery Transportation services.
- Leverage the full scale and scope of our global Transportation network, executed through a robust network of third-party carriers, to enable speed to market and consumer fulfillment.
- Define and Leverage critical decision support tools which enable visibility and real-time operational response to network capacity, demand and performance, monitoring and reacting to service trends immediately.
- Lead and manage the daily and weekly delivery scheduling process, in partnership with Store Operations, S&OP teams and DC Operations peers to define delivery appointment days and time for our fleet of 2,500+ stores throughout North America.
- Re-define, lead and manage our non-standard delivery procedures for non-merchandise, leveraging the scale of our network across various nodes to optimize delivery services to stores
- Drive enhancements to our inventory visibility capabiltieis to support processes relative to payment and claims, loss prevention and inventory control management processes.
- Support cross-functional teams in evaluation of hypotheses, strategic analysis / planning, and operational execution to further Operations and Gap Inc. goals and priorities
Who you are
- Business Acumen: Robust experience in operations, supply chain, product to market processes for apparel retail specifically merchandising, inventory management, ecommerce and other relevant experience.
- Change Leadership: Experience leading long term change initiatives, with and without authority to dynamically influence others and drive decision-making. This includes the ability to develop and analyze transportation models.
- Talent Builder: Proven track record of developing functional and leadership capabilities in others and across a global organization
- Strategic Orientation: Data Management & Analytical capabilities in leveraging broad and complex datasets to inform business process and Standard Operating Procedures. Fluency in Excel and PPT; adept at directly analyzing data and developing executive-facing presentations. Aptitude and willingness to personally manage detail.
- Drive for Results: Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment. Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience: 7-10 Years of progressive Transportation and Logistics Experience, 5+ Years Retail Shipping Experience including Network Design, 5+ years Project Management Experience, 5+ years professional experience leading others. Logistics systems user experience (TMS, WMS, Freight Optimization, Load Planning) preferred
- Education: BA/BS Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field or equivalent industry experience.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs