About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization is chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decision making and customer obsession across Gap Inc’s family of dynamic brands. This organization is also responsible for building the Data and Analytics Platform in partnership with GapTech (IT team) and scale our capabilities across the enterprise. The Decision Support team within the Data and Analytics organization drives value and innovation through application and delivery of analytics within our diverse specialty apparel brands and the functional areas of Product Management (PDM), Marketing, and Loyalty.
Reporting to Director of Decision Support, the Sr. Analyst for Decision Support Athleta and PDM works hand-in-hand with Gap Inc. product management teams and Athleta brand teams to measure and influence the evolution of customer strategies, digital customer experiences, native apps, stores, marketing and payment technology, primarily for Athleta brand.
The successful candidate is passionate about and skilled at telling stories and driving decisions with data. They are adept at accessing and manipulating complex, large scale data, and are eager to be a part of a digital-first, growth-oriented, data-driven team. Key areas of opportunity and focus include online and omni-channel personalization, customer loyalty, clienteling, customer lifecycle and lifetime value analysis.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
What you'll do
- Access, query, aggregate, manipulate, consolidate and summarize omni-channel customer and visitor data from multiple large-scale data sources using data science tools.
- Listen to stakeholders‘ analytic needs and translate needs into analytic action plans.
- Perform, deliver and own data analyses to measure and monitor customer metrics and trends to inform and improve decision making and strategy for key stakeholders.
- Partner with Product Management stakeholders, testing team and data science team to design, execute and analyze relevant hypothesis testing for emerging digital and store products.
- Partner with Athleta stakeholders to measure, monitor, analyze and interpret relevant customer behaviors to uncover trends and influence brand strategy.
- Develop and oversee product and customer behavior KPI monitoring systems by developing and evolving performance measurement dashboards and reporting.
- Collaborate with cross brand and cross-functional Decision Support team members to stay up-to-date on team initiatives and identify opportunities to contribute to the larger team.
- Continually learn about Gap Inc.’s data, systems and capabilities to continually improve your impact, influence and data storytelling skills.
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of experience in customer or product analytics, preferably in a multi-channel retail environment
- Proficient in data access and analysis methods for large customer and transactional data: Expert SQL skills and working experience with an array of data extraction, manipulation and summarization languages and toolsets such as R, Python, SAS, Databricks, Azure, Domino Data Lab, etc.
- Advanced Microsoft productivity suite tools Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Sharepoint, etc.
- Familiarity and experience using visualization and dashboard tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Knowledge of retail (store experience included) and ecommerce customer domains preferred
- Curious, life-long learner, self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative, technical, or social science field required. MS degree strongly preferred.
Who you are
- 1-3 years of experience developing Web Analytics reporting/dashboards within Adobe (Omniture) ecosystem
- Enterprise understanding of web analytics and tag management tools and data (i.e. Adobe Analytics (preferred), Google Analytics, IBM Coremetrics, Tealium (preferred), Google Tag Manager, etc.)
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills. Able to effectively communicate and train both users and technical audiences. Comfortable presenting data visualseports to executive stakeholders
- Proven ability to thrive in a highly quantitative, fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities, escalate appropriately and handle multiple assignments at once
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a high degree of analytical curiosity
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs