About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Brand Relationship Management team supports accounting and control processes for multiple finance teams within our brands and corporate functions. The team ensures the appropriate review and validation of journal entries, the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, supports financial reporting functions and provides accounting guidance. This role is responsible for supporting the team through monthly close and brand improvement initiatives. This includes managing AssureNET, preparing cross-brand entries, preparing and reviewing month end reporting and supporting assigned functional finance teams in their month end close.
What you'll do
- Support the team’s close functions related to the processing of journal entries
- Act as AssureNET Administrator in creating and managing company wide reconciliations
- Prepare and certify selected balance sheet account reconciliations
- Serve as liason to functional finance team providing accounting guidance and assisting with monthly close process
- On a quarterly basis contribute to the reporting that is provided to the Corporate Controllers Group
- Collaborate with business partners and maintain positive relationships across the organization to drive for efficient solutions
- Accountable for maintaining excellent customer service and meeting department commitments
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or 2-3 years of related accounting field experience
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Past experiences include financial close cycles, accruals, reserves, prepaid and other closing entry preparation and postings
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written business communication
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative date
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs