For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
Job Lead and execute research and development of global mega trend and customer facing macro trends to inform Aro and Brand development pipelines. Identify and define impactful, customer and brand-relevant macro trend information from media, data analytics services, retail and trade shows. Create reports to distribute and communicate insights to Aro and brands. Create twice yearly macro trend reports to present out to the brands ahead of their big season (Spring and Fall) Ideation sessions. Partner with design teams to define new/emerging product and category opportunities based off macro and customer insights. Produce ad hoc analyses to identify opportunities to improve brand assortments. Collaborate with marketing teams on developing messaging/branding strategies based off generational macro insights.
Who you are
Education: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in fashion design or related field and 4 years of experience in job offered or related occupation.
Experience and/or education must include:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Sewing, garment construction and fundamentals of textiles
- Analyzing and predicting trends including but not limited to fabrics, colors, and shapes
- Producing high quality concepts and mood boards
- Strategic analysis of cultural data to give recommendations
- Trend Forecasting
- Making in house presentations of original content based on observations of cultural and societal shifts
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs