About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Marketing Manager- Promotions will play a critical role in the development and execution of North America promotions that meet business objectives and deliver a seamless, cross-channel customer experience. Strong communication and analytical skills as well as relationship building are key for ensuring success in this role. This person will report to the Director of Commercial Planning.
What you'll do
- Responsible for bringing to life all promotional marketing campaigns for Banana Republic stores and bananarepublic.com.
- Manage all aspects of the promotions pipeline, including calendar management, briefing, reviewing creative, event recaps, competitive analysis and QA.
- Create inspiring and strategic marketing briefs that balance the needs of the customer with overall brand business objectives for every channel.
- Manage promotional changes on an ongoing basis to drive the business and customer needs.
- Partner with marketing effectiveness team to asses performance of key promotions and develop quarterly hindsights. Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Develop A/B testing plans, recap performance and leverage learnings to inform future marketing strategies and drive channel innovation.
- Effectively collaborate across several functions including, but not limited to Creative, Project Management, Digital Production, Finance/Marketing Effectiveness, Inventory Strategy, Merchandising and Store Operations.
Who you are
- 3 -5 years of work experience, preferably in retail marketing.
- BA/BS degree; preferred major in Business or Marketing
- Must have a deep understanding of how to use marketing to drive a business, how to prepare for and react to change and how to provide leadership with information and recommendations needed to make smart, fast decisions.
- Ability to manage a high level of change, thrive in a fast-paced environment & deal with ambiguity.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented. Ability to manage and measure work effectively and efficiently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills especially the ability to glean insights and tell a story from data.
- Creative thinker with a customer-focused & omni-channel mindset.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs