For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
Athleta is on a mission “to ignite a community of active, healthy, confident women and girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential”.
As the Area Marketing Manager, you are responsible for building meaningful brand awareness by bringing this powerful mission and the brands national marketing campaigns to life at the local level. Your primary goal is to accelerate brand awareness and convert potential new customers into meaningful traffic for stores, grow share in your designated market area (DMA). You will create and lead elevated brand experiences deeply connected with the local and regional Outreach plans in stores and their communities to support the goal of new customer acquisition.
You must have a strong passion for building relationships and authentic connections between customers, as well as experience planning and executing modern marketing tactics and events. This role requires a high degree of cross functional collaboration with the Upper Field, National Marketing and Digital teams.
You will primarily support store and local market-level events and associated digital and social activations. Your creative and analytical skills will combine to create efficient, high impact, measurable marketing programs that effectively bring the brand to life in a way that empowers the field and the people in the community.
What you'll do
- Leverage the national brand strategy to develop and seamlessly execute regional and local marketing strategies to help grow brand awareness, drive meaningful traffic in store, and deepen the emotional connection with our brand.
- Partner with the Marketing Team to identify demand-driving tactics for your area stores.
- Establish and lead new connections and build relationships with fitness and wellness professionals, health experts and local organizations and businesses aligned with our brand mission, purpose and general positioning.
- Participate in strategic planning initiatives and advance company thinking around the long-term role of Outreach in Athleta’s growth, providing field expertise.
- Support engagement and foster relationships with Athleta’s FitPro Community and build upon the program strategy in partnership with national Community and Marketing teams.
- Accountable to effective planning, execution and management of high impact brand experiences.
- Train & coach field employees to strengthen skills and competencies related to brand building Outreach activities and tactics.
- Analyze program impact to store and area business results and provide recap to leadership team.
- Drive and deliver results in Athleta Loyalty programs within assigned DMA.
- Learn and master all experience and Outreach related tools and technology.
Who you are
5+ years of applicable marketing, community relations, event planning, and/or PR experience. Retail experience preferred.
Knowledgeable and actively engaged in fitness and holistic wellness.
Experience in strategic partnerships, events and/or other related responsibilities with a demonstrated ability to build relationships that strengthen a brand’s presence.
Demonstrated ability to deliver results through coaching, innovation and accountability. Travel throughout assigned market for event consistency will be required.
Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Experience in budget planning and management.
Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Social Media and a quick study when it comes to adopting new technologies.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs