About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are changing rapidly. We must deliver tangible value to our global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. The Gap Inc Product Management organization will do this through the relentless pursuit of great software experiences while considering operating advantage and positive community impact. The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta.
At Gap Inc, almost all our applications are homegrown, and we, therefore, collaborate in the full ideation and development of our capabilities from Supply Chain, Reporting, and Internal Operations, to our Website, Fulfillment, and Customer Experience. We have roles open in many areas of the Product to Market cycle and you will partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 Company. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five.
The Manager of PdM Program Management and Operations is a critical role within the team, positioned to drive short and long-term strategic efforts in partnership with our team leaders and cross-functional stakeholders. This strategic work will include building a strong foundation of improving and standardized processes/tools, driving the internal and external communication needs for the team, and unlocking the value of priority opportunities identified by the team.
This position will support and partner closely with the Sr Dir PdM Program Management, Strategy, Change. The core focus will be around supporting the short and long-range planning process, ownership of special project, process improvements, and standardization for the PdM & change org and communication strategy for the broader team.
This role is highly collaborative and visible, working cross-functionally to drive change with the product management leaders and their teams as well as other functional areas. It requires a highly motivated and self-driven individual.
What you'll do
- Lead and organize around Pdm’s reoccurring processes. Help define, improve and set expectations with the leadership and entire team for activities such as; road mapping, long-range planning, annual capital planning, program start criteria, business case development, measurement, etc.
- Partner closely with PdM leadership team and other partners (Gap tech ops, L&D, etc) groups to define, drive, and deliver improvements to existing processes involving cross-functional workstreams. Synthesize multiple points of information, provide insights, and make recommendations to leaders.
- Support strategic work on designing the evolution of Product Management. Provide critical observations to Sr. Leadership for process improvement and efficiencies. Analysis to identify process improvement opportunities, articulate key issues, develop conclusions, and create implementation plans with the leaders.
- Manage product management engagement and communication strategy (internal and external). Develop materials in support of the team, including SharePoint site, newsletters, all hands content, etc. Identifies and drives opportunities to socialize internal wins.
- Manage the work plan and track completion of expected deliverables; escalate risks to delivery to teams to resolve. Organize a sustainable way to collect and report on the status of key workflows and portfolio programs.
- Effectively engage and collaborate with teams to execute and drive change.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years of work experience in the following areas: consultant, project/program management, operations, or related field. Experience with Agile processes a plus.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to influence and delegate. Experience with SharePoint site creation and office suite (especially PPT).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives, prioritize, set goals, self-direct, and adapt to a changing environment. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to successfully operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; self-starter and a quick learner.
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners (including leadership)
- Experience with defining and implementing process improvement and leading projects
- Ability to build and acquire consensus and support the development and implementation of strategies, programs, and processes
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs