About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Gap Inc Global Franchise Business, consisting of Athleta, Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic, today extends to 40 countries across Latin America, Asia Pacifics, Europe, Africa and the Middle East as well as several additional countries serviced through the online business. Within this organization, we’re looking for a Senior Analyst to support the heads of Strategy and Business Development by leading key long range planning growth initiatives and identifying new market opportunities in support of these initiatives. In this role, you’ll be responsible for researching and identifying potential new markets and partnerships, tracking the current health of existing partnerships, and building our knowledge of franchisees worldwide in support of the ongoing growth plans. You’ll also collaborate, influence and strategize with the entire Franchise cross functional organization in an effort to ensure a seamless launch of new businesses and initiatives. This role is critical to the continued growth of franchise so we’re looking for an individual who is innovative, thrives in ambiguity, self-starting, and able to spearhead the team toward a common goal.
What you'll do
- Lead key strategies within the long range plan (LRP) by performing quantitative and qualitative analysis; including mining and analyzing data, setting up financial models, and performing market and competitive research.
- Synthesize LRP analysis to develop a storyline along with the supporting material to communicate recommendations to senior management and leadership team.
- Build and lead a cross functional project plan that translates these recommendations into actionable goals.
- Support Business Development initiatives in new market and channel growth by performing detailed market research in targeted regions and providing a summary of the findings along with a recommended ‘short list’ of potential business partners.
- Create and maintain a partner database housing all critical information for potential business partners in priority regions, cities, and channels as identified in the long range plan.
- Develop and maintain a new account tracker that continually provides a snapshot into potential upcoming businesses and compares this against the LRP financials.
- Update cross functional team on Business Development and Strategy pipelines by owning pipeline tracker and cross functional email updates.
Who you are
- 3+ years of strategy, consulting or business development experience in a retail environment
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker – able to work in the details and zoom out a level to grasp the “big picture”
- Comfort with analytical and financial modeling and ability to work with large / complex data sources
- Able to quickly identify key issues and develop hypotheses and synthesize disperse information into effective strategies and innovative insights, translating complex ideas into simple, actionable recommendations
- Project and process management skills; able to effectively balance multiple projects
- Demonstrates success working independently, as part of a cross-functional team, and with partners outside internal organization
- Strong written, oral and verbal communication skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs