About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Are you passionate about Retail Strategy? Do you want to shape the future of one of the largest apparel companies in the world? Do you want to join a team that engages with the C-Suite of a F200 company on a weekly basis? Do you want to prepare for a diverse and exciting set of career opportunities across our portfolio of brands? If so, Gap Inc. is looking for you! The Corporate Strategy team works front and center in defining the best path forward for our company. Through rigorous analyses, focus on our customers, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop the strategic direction for our portfolio of brands. We are responsible for the definition and evolution of our overall corporate strategy, for identifying organic and inorganic growth opportunities where we can create structural advantage, and for preparing and supporting our C-Level executives for key stakeholders meetings. Our team reports to the Chief Information Officer & Head of Strategy and provides strategic support to our CEO and Executive Leadership Team. We partner with Brand Presidents, Functional Leads, and other Senior Leaders across the company. As a Senior Analyst, you will be reporting into a Senior Manager of Corporate Strategy and be in charge of driving critical projects to advance our priorities, growth, and long range plans. You will lead workstreams for Corporate and Brand strategic efforts, including special projects for the CEO and Leadership Team. Your goal is to drive long-term, value creation through deep partnership with leaders and stakeholders across the company.
What you'll do
- Serve as a strategic partner as Brands develop annual Long Range Plans
- Support cross-functional business partners with analytical insights and problem solving
- Own work planning, hypotheses generation, issue identification, and analytical framework development
- Drive Gap Inc. Corporate Strategy initiative identification, planning, and success. Activities include:
- Identifying key issues, structuring problems, developing and delivering on workplans that drive value creation across Gap Inc. brands
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis, including analyzing data, creating financial models, and conducting market and competitive research
- Synthesizing findings, developing a storyline and the supporting materials to communicate recommendations to Senior Management and Leadership Team
Who you are
- 2-4+ years of professional work experience, preferably with experience in apparel, retail, management consulting, or private equity
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker with the ability to quickly identify key issues and develop hypotheses
- Able to translate complex ideas and dispersed information into simple, actionable recommendations
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to collect, organize and analyze large / complex data sets efficiently and effectively
- Able to work in the details and click-up a level to grasp the “big picture”
- Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively – a true team player
- Strong written and oral communicator
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs