About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We’re looking for a Manager of Communications and Field Events. In this role you will oversee all field, events, conferences and virtual meetings. This includes managing all aspects of event production, inclusive of concepting, agenda creation, planning, logistics, budget management, platform and technology support & post event follow through activities. You will partner with an events team for travel and Learning & Development for content development. You will be a part of a team that delivers communications across field teams for 5 brands, supporting a communications strategy that includes change management for large scale projects, writing technical content for multiple brands and playing a coordinating role with the brand facing field communication resources to ensure consistency in message content and voice where appropriate.
What you'll do
- Planning and execution for all field meetings and events, including strategy, concepting, planning, budget management, as well as execution of meetings, onsite logistics and run of show.
- Manage multiple complex projects concurrently, while meeting timeline and quality expectations.
- Oversee content and creation of registration websites and mobile event applications in multiple languages.
- Development and execution of a communications strategy designed to inform, motivate and engage field employees for initiatives, programs and processes.
- Build communication change plans, drive compelling messages and employee experiences in creative ways that build culture in the field and bridge a connection between field and HQ population.
- Build highly collaborative relationships with cross brand functional teams to foster connections between HQ and field teams- represent the voice of the field in all interactions.
Who you are
- 3-5 years of communications or events experience (Retail field or operations experience is a plus)
- Excellent written, verbal and advisory skills with strong attention to detail (Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and In-Design preferred)
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and to track progress to deadlines
- Ability to partner and build relationships with all levels within the organization and manager sensitive information discreetly
- Demonstrated ability to effectively brainstorm and implement new ideas, process and improvement solutions applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a great customer and audience focus
- Ability to work globally, collaborate with others and work effectively across teams without direct reporting relationships
- Travel required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs