About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for an Analyst to work with the Capital Accounting team. This is a cross functional role that will work with other departments within the organization. These departments include, Store Development, Store Maintenance, ROD, Lease Accounting, Accounts Payable. This position will support the day to day operational processes related to repairs and maintenance invoicing. This includes being the point of contact for escalated and /or complex invoice, aging or payment issues and provide team support as necessary. The role is based at Gap Inc.’s Corporate Shared Service Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico and will report to the Manager of Capital Accounting.
What you'll do
- Manage departmental mailbox activity to complete actions within the predefined service level agreements with our internal/external business partners as related to repairs and maintnenace invoicing.
- Responsible for the tracking and managing of the vendor invoicing aging to a less than 45 day standard.
- Oversee invoicing work flow process that results in the monthly payment or accrual of Store Maintenance invoices.
- Ensure all documentation is acquired to support the SOX controls as related to the Gap Procure to Pay Policy & Procedure.
- Coordinate communication with both Store Maintenance and vendors as needed to address issues ad facilitate change and/or improve processing effectiveness.
- Assist in implementing process improvements, including assisting with special projects and assignments as needed.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- 1-3 years in accounting, finance or relevant experience
- Intermediate MS Excel, MS Word and MS Access skills required
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships through all levels of the organization
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs