About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Sr. Manager, Talent Development for Old Navy HQ is part of the Gap Inc Talent Development team that is responsible for providing strategy, thought leadership, development and program delivery designed to drive business results. This role leads a team focused on our Product Functions in HQ, specifically partnering with senior brand executives to diagnose organizational capabilities and develop an agile and creative talent development strategy. From there, designing development solutions and executing with the team and leaders. The outcome this role drives is a high-performance workforce that supports the demands of a omni growth brand.
What you'll do
- Build strategic partnerships across Brand Business Leaders, HR Business Partners and other Gap Inc HR partners to develop and execute high-impact talent strategies for Old Navy HQ.
- Strategically advise, consult and coach leaders on development capabilities to achieve business outcomes.
- Design and create onboarding, development, training and leader assimilation experiences, process and programs to accelerate performance.
- Facilitate and train the trainers on talent development curriculum and talent practices to build sustainable people capabilities.
- Manage project and program development and delivery using instructional design methods, industry-leading research, and innovation.
- Integrate inclusivity into talent development programs and talent practices to foster a sense of belonging and equality for all.
Who you are
- You are a continuous learner, an experienced change leader, a high achiever and “strategic doer” who is comfortable working with all levels in a fast paced, agile environment.
- You possess grit and organizational savvy to build relationships across the company, understand the business environment, and deliver results on your own through your influential power.
- You have technical experience in adult learning theories and/or instructional design and leadership development; you are a masterful facilitator and coach with strong diagnostic skills (listening, probing, analyzing).
- You have 5-7 years of experience in Learning & Development, Talent Development, Talent Management or related experience in delivering high-impact development results.
- Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and knowledge of Articulate Storyline and other graphic editing software is a plus.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs