About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for someone who can quickly onboard and help lead the design, creation, and execution of learning and employee / leadership development programs that enable our stores and leadership team. . The Learning & Performance Leader will be a well-organized hands-on Program Leader, with Coaching DNA, who thrives in a work-hard environment, holds accountability for several multi-phase projects at once, and rolls their sleeves up alongside their team. They will be able to partner with the key leader, other HR team members, and subject matter experts to enhance our overall learning strategy, deliver sustainable and impactful development experiences, and drive continuous improvement of the learning function.
What you'll do
- Leadership: Own and execute the day to day management of learning staff including motivating, coaching, and growing direct reports. Manage the creation of business requirements, project plans/specifications, research and business case development. Provide oversight/input into the design, development, implementation and management of targeted programs or other general projects.
- Consulting: Partner with HR and business leaders to identify, develop, and implement solutions targeting employee development and overall talent management solutions (identify, select, develop, engage, and retain).
- Drive the strategy and roadmap aligning leadership, learning and talent development priorities and needs across Experience.
- Content Development: Design, develop and facilitate multi-platform content to support targeted learning and behavioral change using best practices in learning theory, learning technology, change management and communication (e.g. micro-learning, peer learning, action learning, blended solutions, learning portal management, toolkits, and marketing campaigns.
- Facilitation: Deliver quality training programs and development experiences through various platforms and methodologies.
Who you are
- Advanced degree in Instructional Design, Learning, Leadership, Psychology, Organization Development, or other related fields preferred.
- Proven track record with at least 10 years of experience in training or client facing roles, with 3-5 years directly leading a team.
- Experience delivering learning in a highly distributed environment, retail experience is desirable.
- Prior experience with enterprise diversity and inclusion training design and delivery is a plus.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs