For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
This role would support the Surface Design team and report to Senior Project Manager.
What you'll do
- Set up of production ready millsheets, with correlating fabrics, color and technical information.
- Create and manage artwork package send out, across multiple end uses
- Support team with technical repeats and engineered artworks for rotary and sublimation applications. Color pitching and color matching prints.
- Gather all technical limitations against fabric, vendor and artwork application, ensuring artwork is executable within given vendor parameters.
- Ensuring artworks are accurate for approved scale and ensuring that repeats are production ready.
- Confirming and gathering fabric RD information with print leads/ design leads and Print Production team
- Supporting with Matrix updates and build out.
- Bridge partnership between Surface Team, Print Production team and Fabric R&D
- Organize and maintain artwork files and project management tools
Who you are
- College degree preferred but not limited to. Preferable experience in Textile Design/Product development or related field
- Strong ability to flex between creative and technical design.
- Experience working with Photoreal imagery
- Minimum of 4 years design experience
- Excellent sense of melding creative with technical
- Expertise in Ned Graphics & highly skilled with Adobe suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Extended knowledge of printing techniques, artworks production set up requirements, fabric properties, production cycle timeline.
- Extremely detail orientated, with strong organization skills and the ability to work on multiple projects with cross functional teams.
- Be able to problem solve and identify opportunities for process improvement.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs