About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
Being a Director at Old Navy means you're doing more than just filling jobs. This position leads Talent Acquisition for Old Navy Brand Headquarters for one of the largest apparel brands in the world. A champion of both the business and talent, this leader, in close partnership with the HR, Equality + Belonging and Communications leaders, will own the end to end candidate experience which ensures that our candidates and employees have the best interview experience in retail. As the leader for Talent Acquisition, you are someone who thrives on building communities, networks and teams of people responsible for the success of Old Navy.
What you'll do
- Develop and execute brand talent acquisition strategies and approaches in partnership with Head of Talent Acquisition HQ, HR Business Partners, Business Leaders and Gap Inc. partners.
- Develop effective pipeline & sourcing strategy using a combination of talent branding, external search, direct sourcing, online postings, referrals, social media, internal talent mining and other relevant methods that will deliver a diverse pool of talent.
- Seeks out and leverages industry & competitor and other business trends to ensure we stay ahead of the competition.
- Develop, track, and analyze TA metrics in order to implement continuous improvement of strategies and processes as well as meeting/exceeding deliverables.
- Continually searching for new ways to improve and advance our work.
- Responsible for effective execution and managing end to end recruiting process to achieve or exceed service level standards.
- Manage, lead and inspire HQ recruiting team. Holds team accountable for performance measured both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Owns full life cycle recruitment for senior level requisitions.
- Create an environment where there is shared ownership with our leadership around talent outcomes.
- Proactively identify and educate managers + recruiting team on factors that could impact the hiring process (e.g. interview experience, relocation, non-compete agreements, immigration)
- Collaborate across Old Navy and Gap Inc. brands/teams to support improvements and the sharing of best practices, deadlines, workflow, and process and systems improvement.
Who you are
10+ years full life cycle recruiting + leadership experience, prior experience leading and managing teams
Demonstrated expertise in sourcing, strong networking skills, candidate research and outreach
Strong problem solving by proactively driving results and being solution oriented
Ability to manage customer relationships, provide strong customer service skills and work in a large and matrixed team environment
Demonstrated excellent communication/presentation skills to all audience levels
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs