About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a Director of Product Management for Distribution & Fulfillment, you will own the product roadmap and drive towards new and groundbreaking capabilities that enable fast, efficient & scalable fulfillment from our omnichannel distribution network to our stores & customers for all our global retail brands. You will take goals and guidance from leadership and turn that into industry-leading customer experiences as well as operational efficiencies. You will use thought leadership to innovate and guide teams to deliver highly scalable, reliable, and sustainable solutions across the enterprise. You will guide the implementation journey by building strong relationships with your product and engineering teams and curating the capabilities.
The role requires a strong customer-focused mindset; a combination of business savvy, customer centricity and technical knowledge of distribution/fulfillment in a highly automated environment. We are looking for experienced product managers that drive collaboration and innovation without boundaries and that don’t wait for the solutions to be defined for them. You should be experienced in guiding product development, making tough tradeoffs, and figuring out the business value and what’s right for customers.
What you'll do
- Defines a vision and roadmap for Distribution & Fulfillment as well as informs interdependent roadmaps to deliver business capabilities through technology enablement.
- Cultivates partnership, active listening, and advocacy with peers (product leaders, product team and stakeholders), facilitating new connections and relationship-building
- Manage a team of Distribution & Fulfillment product managers, external agencies and vendor partners to deliver against priorities; Ensures team has clear communication of project scopes, timing, prioritization, budgets, resource needs, and progress on an ongoing basis
- Interfaces with all levels of management, implementing processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across the business and technical functions; Drive business process changes necessary to simplify and optimize operations end-to-end across the value chain.
- Continuously identify opportunities, analyze business benefit, evaluate ROI and prioritize and negotiate initiatives to develop a Distribution & Fulfillment roadmap that delivers on the vision and strategy
- Creates a comprehensive product strategy and clear product vision for Distribution & Fulfillment.
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion; Critical thinker who can anticipate roadblocks and proactively address
Who you are
- 10+ years of experience in strategy, finance management/consulting, retail/consumer products, consumer insights, with 3+ years of people management
- Solid functional understanding of software development, APIs, and deconstructing customer or technology problems, preferably in Logistics & Distribution, including familiarity with best-of-breed solutions in this space (e.g. warehouse management systems, warehouse execution systems, warehouse automation, robotics)
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills such as in economics, business, mathematics, engineering; MBA or Masters preferred in a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment, utilizing critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and a strong ability to work with complex and detailed data.
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues - a serious thought leader that can make strategic choices and help focus the organization on the most critical and value-added activities.
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves and get work done - a productive contributor to detailed content, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Build and evolve teams – strong hiring, coaching, and development of entry-level through senior product managers
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs