About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Transportation – the Senior Manager, Parcel Capacity & Performance Management, is responsible to define and enable the strategic design of our parcel network to enable innovative delivery solutions to support the growth of ecommerce and increasing demand for speed solutions. The role will be the direct point of contact for the strategy and development teams within our Global Supply Chain as well as within our brands. This resource will partner directly with Supply Chain Strategy, Customer Experience, and Supply Chain Analytics teams to supply practical and operational inputs required to support the development of our brand and ecommerce strategies.
What you'll do
- Provide thought partnership to and work closely with Operations and other functional leaders to define, develop and drive key business priorities to support Gap Inc. goals, including solution innovation, program / change management
- Leverage the full scale and scope of our global Transportation network, executed through a robust network of third-party carriers, to enable speed to market and consumer fulfillment.
- Define, Build and Leverage critical decision support tools which enable visibility and real-time operational response to network capacity, demand and performance
- Build and maintain a robust internal and external professional network across varying functions to deliver against speed to market/consumer objectives and enable third party carrier success
- Own and manage strategic projects, leading cross-functional teams in evaluation of hypotheses, strategic analysis / planning, and operational execution to further Gap Inc. goals and priorities. Develop and refine project scope, structure, and approach, including frameworks, quantitative and qualitative analyses, and capability roadmaps. Identify key issues, guide and execute analysis, develop conclusions, and present findings to cross-functional leaders. Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results. Ensure relevant programs/projects are on track, including budget, timeline and scope
- Manage documentation of existing operating model constructs, including process mapping, RACI, analytics and tools, and identify and manage development and execution of process and capability improvements across relevant functions
- Support cross-functional teams in evaluation of hypotheses, strategic analysis / planning, and operational execution to further Operations and Gap Inc. goals and priorities
Who you are
- Business Acumen: Experience in operations, supply chain, product to market processes for apparel retail specifically merchandising, inventory management, ecommerce and other relevant experience. Fulfillment, ecommerce and network planning prior experience a plus
- Talent Builder: Proven track record of developing functional and leadership capabilities in others and across a global organization
- Strategic Orientation: Exceptional Data Management, Modeling & Analytical capabilities in leveraging broad and complex datasets to inform business process and carrier allocation. Fluency in Excel and PPT; adept at directly analyzing data and developing executive-facing presentations. Aptitude and willingness to personally deep-dive into details
- Drive for Results: Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment. Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strong ability to work with complex and detailed data to drive insights and decisions.
- Change Leadership: experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making, ability to develop and analyze transportation models
- Experience: 5+ Years Transportation and Logistics Experience, 5+ Years Parcel Shipping Experience including Network Design, 3+ years Project Management Experience, 3+ years professional experience leading others. Logistics systems user experience (TMS, WMS, Freight Optimization, Load Planning) preferred
- Education: BA/BS Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field or equivalent industry experience. MBA, MSIE, CSMP or other relevant advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs