About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
At Gap Inc., we are passionate about creating and delivering quality software by utilizing Agile and DevOps best practices. We are creating solutions using Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming, and story-based iterative development. In this role, you will collaborate with multiple GapTech teams to design and develop integrations/interfaces between multiple Gap systems.
This role is a part of the Supply Chain engineering team responsible for maintaining all the interfaces for our Warehouse Management systems. We are looking for a technologist who is passionate about solving business problems through innovation and best engineering practices. Join us and flex your imagination with designing and developing business-critical microservices that are reliable, scalable, and create a great customer experience!
What you'll do
- Participate in requirement gathering and technical design discussions and design highly scalable, high performing technology solutions
- Provide technical knowledge and guidance to the team. Participate in an Agile work environment, to produce and deliver code and/or test cases using Agile practices.
- Work closely with the production support team and assist in resolving critical production issues.
- Work closely with the business and functional professionals and help simplify and improve the processes through the latest in technology and automation.
- Be updated on the latest offerings in technology and methodology in the market and perform proof of concepts to better understand how they fit into the Gap landscape and their usefulness and effectiveness to the organization if adopted.
- Be responsible for technical and architecture implementation against the agreed scope and quality of the end product delivered.
- Works closely with Technical Lead, Technical Manager, Product Manager and Scrum Master to balance product architecture and delivery timeline.
Who you are
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Software engineering development experience which includes Java/J2EE, Spring boot and Spring framework and full lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable systems.
- Robust understanding of Java, an in-depth understanding of other Java technologies including Servlets, JSP, JDBC, and other J2EE technologies; experience in non-Java technology stacks is a plus.
- Experience with SQL and no SQL databases is mandatory.
- Hands-on experience with Agile Methodologies and the DevOps model is highly desirable; solid understanding of concepts of Test-Driven Development and Business-Driven Development.
- Experience in using containerization technologies and cloud, Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry preferred
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and thrive in a collaborative team environment
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs