About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The digital product management team is seeking a Sr. Product Manager focused on Personalization and identity resolution to enable our brands to deliver highly relevant experiences and offers tailored to an individual person and their context. This person will drive the vision, strategy, define roadmaps and work closely with key stakeholders to build and drive adoption of the solution. Today’s customers might use different identifiers to research something on one device (i.e., desktop cookie or login name), call on another (i.e., mobile phone) and then buy something in the store (i.e., loyalty ID or credit card). Gap brands want to create a cross-channel experience that recognizes these busy shoppers and make it easier to purchase and outfit themselves and their families.
Additionally, this role will be a thought leader and drive partnership with the growth and brand teams on emerging personalization capabilities. Lead vision and strategy in defining real-time personalization across all Gap with a focus on identity resolution.
What you'll do
- Identify opportunities, analyze business benefits, evaluate ROI and prioritize work to bring the vision of a cross-channel people-based targeting strategy to life that can incorporate context from all channels and customer engagement to provide the most relevant customer experience and marketing.
- Drive the selection and implementation of a market-leading identity resolution platform for all Gap Inc. brands.
- Evaluate and build roadmaps for improving and augmenting the existing first-party data with second- or third- party people-based data to improve measurement and personalization.
- Champion customer privacy through leading practices in transparency and controls.
- Manage a living backlog of user stories and other requirements guiding development and process change. Summarize the backlog of work into meaningful roadmaps that are socialized with stakeholders such that all parties know the work underway as well as the larger plan over time.
- Contribute and collaborate in building a long-range plan to achieve business goals.
- Partner with end-users of the platform to drive adoption and bring use cases to life.
Who you are
- Experience with the evolution of identity stitching and resolution patterns and commercial solutions that integrate consumer identifiers across online and offline channels and devices in a way that is accurate, scalable and privacy compliant to create a persistent and addressable individual profile.
- Strong product management experience in marketing technology & personalization space
- Knowledge of California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Experience building and/or using MarTech & personalization tools (Customer Data Platform, Campaign management, A/B testing platforms)
- Demonstratable expertise around data onboarding: matching individual identifiers to stitch together the customer profile from interactions across touchpoints, hashing or tokenizing personally identifiable information (PII), linking and validating accuracy of matches to a pre-established “truth set”
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements
- Experience with a leading identity resolution solution such as Experian, LiveRamp, Acxiom, Neustar, Valassis or Merkle
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs