About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are changing rapidly. We must deliver tangible value to our global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. The Gap Inc Product Management organization will do this through the relentless pursuit of great capabilities while considering operating advantages and positive community impact. The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta.At Gap Inc, almost all of our applications are homegrown, and we, therefore, collaborate in the full ideation and development of our capabilities from Supply Chain, Reporting, and Internal Operations, to our Website, Fulfillment, and Customer Experience. We have roles open in many areas of the Product to Market cycle and you will partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 Company. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five.
As the Digital Asset Management Product Manager, you will be responsible for establishing the DAM strategy across the portfolio of brands to support digital assets created during the product lifecycle, from initial sketches to final product photos, video, and marketing content. You will be partnering with the brands to establish an enterprise process and leading the consolidation of DAM systems in order to enable content personalization at scale for our digital customer experiences.
You will also work with your product management counterparts and leaders to understand upcoming capabilities and help to scope out the customer experience. You will collaborate with dependent product teams to ensure that the end to end implementation journey is thorough and thoughtful. You will write robust requirements, prioritize the backlog, and work closely with the engineering teams to deliver and test quality software or experiences.
What you'll do
- Build relationships with key business partners and other brand stakeholders.
- Articulates product needs clearly and succinctly to different audiences and cross-functional partners
- Manages roadmaps for multiple features
- Leading activities with the product teams
- Identifies, escalates and recommends mitigation strategies to improve collaboration and decision making
- Builds and manages relationships with stakeholders across the organization
- Identify dependencies with other strategic initiatives
- Proposes slicing strategy
- Influences other product managers to incorporate dependent features into roadmap
- Responsible for maintaining and prioritizing a backlog of work items for multiple applications and/or services
- Proactively and effectively communicate changes to systems and tools to affected stakeholders
- Articulates user needs, pain points, user impact, and desired outcomes for features
- Provide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities.
- Develops and manages project plans and key stakeholder engagement strategy on all initiatives
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industry trends and standards to introduce the continual process, tool and methodology improvements.
- Articulates adoption metrics of product and how they support product line & product group
- Identifies, measures, and interprets results to validate product strategy
Who you are
- 3-6 years’ work experience required
- Experience in Digital Asset Management, preferably Adobe AEM
- Fluent in the content development lifecycle from initial planning through final storage
- Experience on projects with a complex scope and with process and system implementations
- Experience developing and working with matrix organizations
- Experience working with software engineering teams
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and strong multi-tasking ability
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Strong strategic thinking with the ability to perform analysis at a low level of detail
- Execution and results-focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams
- Experience with strategic and quantitative analysis – ability to gather and interpret data
- Strong research sources and modeling techniques
- Ability to influence stakeholders and decision-makers to achieve the desired outcome
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs