For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Manager – ATHLETA GIRLS Textile, Print and Graphic Designer drives the design and development of Prints and Graphics for Knit and Woven fabrications from initial concept to commercialization. Reporting into the Director of Surface Design this person creates art concepts for Prints and Graphics that are tied to the seasonal theme.
Starting from the Annual Novelty Roadmap, the Manager – ATHLETA GIRLS Textile, Print and Graphic Designer researches and makes proposals for Surface Designs appropriate for Novelty Lifts in Key Franchise Fabrications. Responsibilities include utilizing technological knowledge of printing and garment dying techniques to design around the vendor and machine capabilities. The role also includes working closely with Fabric R&D, GIS and Textile Product Development to ensure on timely delivery of Surface Designs that meet our fabric testing standards and our customer filters.
What you'll do
- Engages business leaders to maintain an understanding of business needs specific to Print and Graphics.
- Utilizes the framework of the Annual Novelty Roadmap and Seasonal Line plans designs on a Core, Fashion and Explore Surface developments from initial concept to design and colorways.
- Assesses style/product limitations with designers and develops product specific art.
- Works with Design Team and Director of Surface Design to create CADS and visual materials for presentations and line review meetings.
- Designs artworks and makes necessary artwork modifications in accordance to the specific fabric requirements and machinery.
- Prepares detailed artwork specs/mill sheets and other artwork/design concept packages, such as repeats and dimensional references for factories and mills.
- Along with Fabric R&D, corresponds with overseas vendors to execute printing and dying techniques from concept to commercialization.
- In collaboration with Fabric R&D and Textiles Development, reviews and comments on submits for design layout, material execution, hand feel and color accuracy.
- Travels domestically and internationally to develop materials with key mills and attends industry trade shows
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Apparel/Textile design or equivalent experience in the apparel industry.
- 8+ years professional experience in Textile Design, preferably in Girls performance apparel.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop + InDesign, Microsoft applications, and other CAD/Textile Design software.
- Strong knowledge of performance fabric & apparel printing methods.
- Excellent self-leadership skills, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong detail orientation, project management and prioritization skills.
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as needed
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs