About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization is chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decision making and customer obsession across Gap Inc’s family of dynamic brands. This organization is also responsible for building the Data and Analytics Platform in partnership with GapTech (IT team) and scale our capabilities across the enterprise. The Decision Support team within the Data and Analytics organization drives value and innovation through application and delivery of analytics within our diverse specialty apparel brands and the functional areas of Product Management (PDM), Marketing, and Loyalty.
Reporting to Sr. Director of Decision Support, the Director, Decision Support Banana Republic partners with brand and cross functional teams on evolution of personalization at scale for customer, marketing and e-commerce for Banana Republic brand.
The successful candidate is experienced in leveraging data and analytics to inform strategies, and highly skilled in translating business questions into analytical models. They are eager to be a part of a digital-first, growth-oriented, data-driven team. Key areas of opportunity and focus include online and omni-channel personalization, customer loyalty, customer lifecycle and lifetime value analysis and measurement.
What you'll do
- Partner with key stakeholders specifically within the Banana Republic to leverage customer data and marketing analytics to drive business outcomes
- Perform analysis and leverage existing internal analytical tools to improve decision making and customer strategy development for key stakeholders across the Banana Republic
- Lead projects across Data and Analytics to help Banana Republic leverage data and analytics to make customer-centric, data driven decisions
- Build and manage delivery of a roadmap for customer data and analytics to support the key brand/customer initiatives for Banana Republic
- Proactively identify opportunities to evolve the customer data and marketing analytics roadmap based on needs of key stakeholders
Who you are
- 12+ years of experience in customer or marketing analytics, in a multi-channel retail environment
- Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proficient in data access methods for large customer and transaction databases
- Able to deliver near-term wins while building towards a larger strategic vision
- Proficient in leveraging customer analytical methods to drive customer and business outcomes
- Management consulting or strategy experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s/MBA degree highly strongly preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs