About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Technical Program Management Inventory Management lead is a critical role accountable to ensure delivery of all capabilities impacting and enabling our Fulfill and Ship functions and accountable for real-time relevant business communications and engagement to ensure our Fulfill and Ship capabilities uptime and performance meet the operating need.
This position will be responsible for coordinating the execution of end-to-end technology strategies across Product Management, Engineering and Architecture teams to support funded portfolio initiatives and communicating with key Business and GapTech stakeholders. This position is responsible for managing the portfolio lifecycle, facilitating application strategy and planning processes, ensuring portfolio delivery success in a modern Dev Ops/agile operating model. This includes accountability for financial visibility to the leadership team.
This leader works across product management and engineering in partnership to ensure product teams meet requirements and deadlines for business capabilities. As the leader of the business engagement team for Fulfill and Ship, the individual will assume all status and recovery is communicated, all new deployments are done in lockstep and partnership with Fulfill and Ship leadership.
What you'll do
- Maintains overall financial and milestone status of business capability across product teams and provide visibility across investment portfolio ensuring planned scope, priority, risk, milestone and financial changes are surfaced in a timely manner, ensures strategies and recommendations for addressing each are provided and result in aligned decisions
- This position will lead and manage the portfolio lifecycle, facilitating delivery partnership through application strategy and planning processes, ensuring portfolio delivery success in a modern Dev Ops/Agile operating model and leading business engagement and communications
- Participate in continuous delivery improvement efforts by providing input into an enterprise framework for program management aligned with modern agile, lean and design thinking practices
- Provide timely visibility of critical business-impacting technology issues to business and technology leaders to ensure business-impacting issues are communicated in business language and provide coordination to ensure ongoing status is communicated and contingency option
- Communicates directly to senior executives on Fulfill and Ship operating status and technology impact
Who you are
- 8+ years full lifecycle program or project management experience
- Demonstrated understanding and experience working in modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Agile Development, Cloud, DevOps
- Experience delivering both package and custom-developed software
- Current industry knowledge of relevant Inventory Management technology
- Experience managing large programs or a portfolio of projects as part of a global product and development team ($15+ Million annually)
- A creative and flexible mindset to planning and problem-solving, ability to lean into the details while maintaining the “big picture”
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrix, proven influencing skills
- A high degree of financial acumen - a proven track record of planning and executing on the financial aspect of deliverables
- Demonstrated track record of aligning IT objectives and programs to business objectives and strategies
- Strong executive presence and experience advising, assessing risks and interfacing with senior executives and business leaders on technology-related issues, excellent executive-level verbal and written communication
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs