About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization consists of Data Scientists, Researchers and Analysts across Gap Inc chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decisions across the value chain of our business. Additionally, this organization is responsible for building the Data and Analytics capabilities, enriching the analytical platform on behalf of the entire organization in partnership with GapTech, PDM & Business.
You will be focused on full stack (E2E) asset development and deployment, including but not limited to:
What you'll do
- Collaborating with digital, brand marketing and IT to identify and translate high-impact business opportunities into analytic frameworks that direct model development, business requirements and support impact measurement plans.
- Lead/mentor team of DS & DE to build analytical capabilities
- Build, validate, and maintain complex AI (Machine Learning (ML) /Deep learning) and statistical models for production and adhoc business focused analysis. Proactively identify data needs and opportunities.
- Contribute to customer growth investment through the development of cohort-based predictive models on large-scale to support applications such as customer propensity to acquireetain, LTV, category affinity, product and style recommendations, price elasticity, inventory management and queueing.
- Surface creative tactics to diagnose performance and identify areas where performance is optimal or can be improved upon, use visualizations to tell the story behind the machinery to our stakeholders to drive strategic adoption, results and recommendations.
- Continuously research and work to integrate emerging methodology, technology, coding and version control practices that best fits the team and practice.
- Synthesize findings, prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management. Be accountable for the documentation of process design opportunities.
Who you are
- MS/PhD in mathematics, statistics, comp-sci, operations research or a technology focused degree
- 5+ years of total work experience in Data Science
- Proven ability to lead teams that provide data science solutions to solve business problems
- Advanced proficiency in R, Python, Spark, Hive (or other MR), and common scripting languages for E2E pipeline. Advanced proficiency using SQL for efficient manipulation of large datasets in on-prem and cloud distributed computing environments, such as Azure environments.
- Experience with ML and classical predictive techniques such as logistic regression, decision trees, non-linear regressions, ANN/CNN, boosted trees, SVM, Tensorflow, visualization packages, and a track record for creating business impact with these methods.
- Ability to work both at a detailed level as well as to summarize findings and extrapolate knowledge to make strong recommendations for change. Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence product and analytics roadmap, with a demonstrated appetite for relationship building.
- Experience developing personalization capabilities through data science using multi-channel retail consumer data such as POS and clickstream data preferred
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs