About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This role will focus on solving the most important problems in the digital space for Gap through the creation of high quality data sets, strong partnerships with stakeholders, and the implementation of advanced analytics and modeling. The position will be part of the Data Science Engineering team at Gap Inc, whose primary goals include building data products and infrastructure that support analytics and data science at scale. The team works cross-functionally to ensure reports, analytics, and models are supported by a stable, efficient, and accurate back end.
What you'll do
- Develop, deploy, and support high quality reusable and scalable data marts in the digital space.
- Provide quantitative research, analysis and support to identify business opportunities/issues, and use learnings to drive business performance.
- Partner with the digital teams to understand business needs and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Navigate various data sources and efficiently locate data in a complex data ecosystem
Who you are
- Analytically minded with strong business acumen and engineering skills, and excited for a role that requires a combination of the three
- 6+ years of experience in an analytics/engineering role in the digital space
- Experience working with analytics platforms (Adobe Omniture/Google Analytics)
- Strong understanding of A/B testing
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Solid programming foundations and proficiency with data related languages such as Python/Scala/R
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs