About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, GapTech, you will have the opportunity to build next-generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team is on the path towards a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of the design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
The Director, Engineering PMO will serve as a strategic partner to the Head of Engineering for Supply Chain and BI Data and Analytics and the leadership team. This role drives priorities through seamless day-to-day operations and strong stakeholder alignment, with an eye towards scale and efficiency. This role will work cross-functionally across GapTech and will engage with all levels to build out processes that will ensure successful outcomes.
What you'll do
- Partner with the Head of Engineering for Supply Chain and BI Data and Analytics and the leadership team to facilitate prioritization, planning and execution of initiatives and establish operating rhythms
- Provide process and discipline to unstructured problems, creating measurable project milestones; translate strategy into actions/projects that achieve leadership expected outcomes
- Manage processes that will support effective business and financial operations of the P2M and BI Data and Analytics organization including proactive management of organizational budgets and tracking progress and actions against long-range plans through regular executive reporting
- Work closely with the extended leadership team to identify, analyze, and develop strategies to improve organizational health
- Facilitate risk mitigation and contingency planning, surface issues and risks, provide solutionsecommendations
- Drive product content for leadership meetings, quarterly product reviews, all-hands, and major events
Who you are
- 10+ years of consulting, engineering, technology or program management experience
- Exceptional communication and project management skills with proven ability to communicate effectively at an executive level
- Experience managing large programs or a portfolio of projects simultaneously with the ability to prioritize and manage work and trade-offs against critical project timelines
- Experience working with engineering development and ops teams in a DevOps model with an understanding of modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Agile Development and Cloud
- A creative and flexible mindset to planning and problem-solving, ability to lean into the details while maintaining the “big picture”
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrix, proven influencing skills
- Demonstrated track record of aligning IT objectives and programs to business objectives and strategies
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs