About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Manager of Ecommerce Supply Chain Operations will play a crucial role in accelerating the growth of Gap Inc’s online businesses around the world. The Manager is a key partner to our supply chain operations, transportation, and brand partners in the development and execution of operational processes, tools, and capabilities to drive business priorities, delivery on their commercial target, and support the development of a best in class fulfillment experience for our ecommerce customers We are looking for a candidate with strong leadership, partnership, and analytic skills who is passionate about working cross-functionally to solve some of Gap Inc’s most interesting and challenging problems.
What you'll do
- Serve as a fulfillment authority to brand Online/Finance/Company Planning teams, in conjunction with Gap/Gap Factory Ecommerce Director, translating customer demand strategies into a recommended customer delivery model that can be supported by DC operations
- Serve as the “connective tissue” driving alignment and decision making between brand partners (Finance, Marketing) and supply chain functions (DC Operations, Transportation, Analytics, Product, Tech) that serve ecommerce fulfillment
- Maintain regular and detailed reporting for online fulfillment, proactively identifying/investigating issues and improvement opportunities and then driving to solutions – which may require ad hoc ‘80/20’ analysis, as well as more rigorous and extensive business modelling (backlog modelling, financial modelling) as needed
- Model and assess inbound, fulfillment/outbound, and storage risk heading into each season in order to influence brand decisions prior to order placement
- Support critical holiday readiness initiatives and special projects related to ecommerce fulfillment for Gap Inc’s brands globally, typically working cross-functionally. Examples could include paperless invoicing, new delivery option launch, assessment and implementation of third party solutions
- Manage senior-level communication to global supply chain and brand leadership to communicate network performance and summarize impact of initiatives to the business
- Proactively foster brand and business partner relationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on analysis and implement process & system change when issues are identified
Who you are
- 5-7 years of total experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in ecommerce fulfillment or operations a plus
- Demonstrated ability of managing operational details and execution, while also understanding big picture
- Deep experience with quantitative analysis and modelling, creative problem solving, and complex cross-functional projects
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships and influence cross-functional leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with retail technology systems (IMS, WMS, etc.) and/or aptitude to learn
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs