About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Chief of Staff will report directly to the Gap Inc. CFO and is responsible for making time, information, and decision processes for the CFO and finance function more effective. Through the development and orchestration of process + workflow improvements, this individual will help to streamline and simplify the decision-making process. He/she will partner closely with the CFO on a daily basis and also manage the execution of projects and tasks across all facets of business operations, including day-to-day management, special initiatives, and oversight of deadlines. This position requires a strategic mindset and consulting skills with a strong bias towards delivery.
What you'll do
- Focused on making time, information, and decision processes more effective, including identifying key strategic priorities, mapping calendar/time commitments against priorities, mapping stakeholder network and developing engagement plan against strategic priorities, filtering external information coming into the CFO office and draft responses as necessary, and serving as an air traffic controller for the CFO while working closely with the Administrative Assistant to the CFO
- Work closely with the communications team to ensure external engagements reflect the CFO’s strategic priorities and personal brand
- Draft presentations and briefs for meetings/engagements with key internal and external stakeholders
- Write first drafts of emails, letters etc. for the CFO, coordinate special projects, support Board of Directors material preparation, develop engagement plan with financial institutions
- Take notes during the meetings that the CFO attends and making sure that the action items from the meeting are executed, connecting work streams that may remain siloed, link the CFO to the broader organization - this means being able to communicate wants, needs, concerns, ideas from employee to boss in an effective and efficient way
- Preparation, advance planning, and facilitation of leadership team meetings; accountable for ensuring that the meeting objectives are realistic, the team is well-prepared, and that action items and next steps are documented and tracked
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience – MBA preferred, plus 8-10 years work experience, preferable in Retail +/or fast-paced industry
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly and can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods
- Financial Business Acumen: Knowledge and understanding of financial touch points and strong financial business acumen
- Results Orientation: Delivers beyond expectations and sets new and stretching goals for him/herself and the team. S/he will have a deep understanding of operational and process improvements that impact quality and execution and deliver continuous improvement
- Process Management: Can identify and articulate the processes necessary to get things down efficiently and effectively; Planning & Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals, possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions; Risk Management: Ability to think ahead and catch problems before they arise
- Organizational Savvy: Able to build constructive and effective relationships and use them to maneuver through complex situations
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action, demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs