About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Responsible for the end to end management of Campus Engineering and GROW Incentive plan maintenance and record keeping. Supervises a staff of engineers, labor administrators, and other team members as needed. Leads the campus and network initiatives within the Logistics function, with a focused concentration on process improvement and material handling projects. Scope of work entails defining issue, identifying potential solutions, conception of viable solutions, development of bid documents, participation in the bidding process, and overall responsibility for the implementation. Oversees the management of contracts with these projects and oversight of all contractor activity and vendor relationships. Works with multiple areas of the company to assure successful project end to end completion.
What you'll do
- Process Improvement and Workplace Productivity- Analyze processes and standards, identify best practices, benchmarks and areas for improvement to balance cost, service and productivity. Owns the implementation of proposed changes to improve results. Assesses new technology through testing
- Capacity Analysis- Conduct analyses of current designs; design and propose new layouts. Acts as project manager and subject matter expert for all material handling modifications and related work
- Asset Utilization- Maximize asset utilization through the creation and implementation of new procedures and initiatives. Manages the purchasing and maintenance of campus equipment as necessary
- Operational Budget- Develops appropriate budgets for the Engineering department and facility.
Who you are
- BS in Industrial Engineering or other technical fields
- 5+ years of Engineering experience; with 3+ years in leading and developing teams
- Strong expertise with time and motion standards systems (MOST) and automated material handling systems
- Experience with Six Sigma or Lean Practices
- Knowledge and effective use of CAD software
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with exceptional time management skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs