About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
OurGlobal Supply Chain is looking to invite driven 1st year MBA students to joinus in our headquarters offices for a challenging, hands-on experience in theretail industry. The ten-week Summer Intern Program runs from mid-June throughmid-August and is based in our San Francisco headquarter office.
OurGlobal Supply Chain internship combines work that directly impacts companygoals and exposure to different leaders within the organization. You have theunique chance to dive into our company while expanding your knowledge of theretail industry. As an intern, you will attend presentations by seniorexecutives, work on individual projects to drive business initiatives and presentto senior management throughout the summer.
Hereare a few examples of ways that MBA GSC interns have contributed in the past:
What you'll do
: Conduct market research,analyze spend and potential of cross-brand optimization for in-store marketingelements
Compile research ofcross-brand mannequin programs, focused on pricing, materials, maintenance andsustainability impact, providing recommended go-forward strategy for Inc.
Supply Chain/In-Region Sourcing:
Analyze and optimize localdirect sourcing for furniture and fixtures in Mexico and provide conclusion ofresearch
conduct RFI (Request ForInformation) for Single Use Polybags in consideration of product integrity,cost, and sustainability and provide a compelling data driven story for furtherexploration & business influence
Advertising ContentProduction – Legal Process:
deep dive into current Gap Inc process, review industrybest practices and recommend enhancements and improvements to create speed,efficiency, and lessen the workload, while still ensuring risk mitigation andprotection of Gap Inc.
Who you are
- First-year graduate students
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, permanentbasis
- Unleashes creativity by actively seeking new experiences,information, and knowledge; embraces challenge, takes risks, learns fast andwelcomes change.
- Makes sense of a vast range
of data and informationfrom multiple sources to conceptualize, drive creativity, and problem solve;challenges the status quo, transforms past views, sets new directions, andrewards the spark of ideas in others.
- Engages hearts and mindsto deliver shared objectives and mutual benefits; creates joy and energy fromsincerely connecting with others and understanding them at a deeper level;embodies honesty and authenticity in every interaction.
- Commits to a challenge;overcomes obstacles; exhibits a willingness to take on high-risk opportunitieswith tenacity; continues to look for disconfirming evidence to stay nimble andchange direction; is fast-moving and never settles
- Effectively communicates and works with peers, partners, andothers not in the line of command; builds relationships and creates anenvironment wherein people who wouldn’t naturally work together can do so forthe good of the enterprise
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs