About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Self-approve and independently processes year-end, account reconciliation and other store invoices and transactions. Work with internal and external business partners (RE Law, Lease hold audits, Lease Admin, and Accounts Payable) to ensure that regular lease payments are made for the proper amount and to the proper supplier. Resolves payment variances with landlord representatives and escalating to the appropriate contacts internally and externally, where needed. Resolve payments with respect to VAT and other sales tax items. Represent and understand accounting and accruals to be able to account for year-end reconciliationss and other activities transactions properly that impact the Profit and Loss statement (P&L) as well as the Balance Sheet.
What you'll do
- Manage a working portfolio of leases either as a Landlord portfolio or individual.
- Build relationships with landlords to understand their needs for remittances and other deliverables that can help provide better customer service.
- Analyze and resolve invoices for payment purposes including identification of impacts to financials up to $2M per transaction.
- Responsible for working with up through Sr Director level on invoices for the accrual and resolving for payment of all Year End and account reconciliations as they pertain to the lease.
- Resolving supplier setup and coordinating payment to different suppliers as necessary and providing and working with the Analyst to ensure the proper and complete information is available so that suppliers changes can happen without delay.
- Responsible for reading and understanding Co-Tenancy lease language and applying that lease language to specific Co-Tenancy audits to determine Co-Tenancy failures.
- Resolve lease language conflicts regarding monthly escrows and annual pro-rata share amounts with our Landlords.
Who you are
- High School dipoloma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Basic Accounting skills (Intermediate Excel skills)
- Basic Internal Control knowledge
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs