About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Director of Banana Republic Brand Strategy reports to the Head of Banana Republic Strategy & Operations. This leader is responsible for helping to establish and manage the initiatives and capabilities Banana Republic Brand needs to compete effectively and to deliver the future growth. This leader will also ensure the competitive landscape is understood and will help to inform the optimal market positioning. This leader will help to bring together the right customer insights, journey mapping and analytics to vet all strategies and capabilities and ensure they deliver what our customer wants. This leader will be a key leader in strategic change initiatives to drive growth. This leader also works directly with the brand’s Chief Product Officer to ensure product strategy aligns and supports overall brand strategy.
What you'll do
- Develops business strategy at brand level centered on consumer
- Vets new ideas against expected outcomes and consumer need Conducts and pulls together full journey mapping to validate opportunities
- Identifies and deconstructs business issues and develops strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to evaluate
- Articulates clear and compelling storylines that drive action
- Structures and monitors the work of multiple groups and projects
- Partners closely with Finance to drive the right strategic decisions and investments, including the annual planning process
- Works in partnership and as a trusted thought leader with Chief Product Officer to build product positioning and strategy
- Develops and leads transformation efforts
Who you are
- 10+ years of strategy consulting and / or corporate strategy experience with deep knowledge of apparel, retail, customer and digital. Experience with a digitally native or omni product company preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA required
- Demonstrated success in advancing and growing businesses globally
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; ability to frame new, ambiguous and complex issues; able to generate insight through rigorous analysis
- Turnaround and transformation efforts, including business model innovation, operating systems development, large scale cost improvements, and organizational restructures and effectiveness
- Experience with agile methodologies, including consumer journey mapping and test-and-learn environments
- Strong influence skills and ability to work successfully with peers; a true team player
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Experience as an Engagement Manager or Case Leader in a major consulting firm
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs